The internationally renowned Law School has trained some of the best law graduates in the world, and with this reputation, had grown substantially year on year. They needed to remodel the layout as the reception and the undergraduate office was on the second floor. They needed a better process and a more inviting environment for students. In addition the school wanted to create addition meeting rooms and student work areas to cope with the increase of student numbers.
In order to create more space the expansion required remodeling of the current layout and to build an extension. We were sub contracted by E Manton Ltd to provide a range of groundwork and structural services including;
- underpinning of the existing building
- install front and rear reinforced concrete footings and pads for the new steel building extension
- supply and install a new foul and storm drainage system
- divert a section of the fibre optic supply to the entire university
- landscape surrounding areas
The project was delivered during term time and had many challenges such as re-directing fibre optic cables, a large underground chamber was found during the groundwork.