ArcelorMittal Distribution Solutions UK Ltd (AMDS) is a major steel processing and distribution company. They have several distribution centres in the West Midlands which deliver products to a wide range of industries in the UK and Europe. Within their centres they are constantly looking for new ways to improve the movement of stock in a safe way and to save time.
In order to improve the flow of stock around the warehouse AMDS decided they needed to extend and improve their current rail system.
Lavish were awarded the contract to make these improvements and worked in collaboration with Bronx Engineering who design and build the rail cars.
The works were completed in two stages. In order to minimise the disruption of the factory we carried out the majority of the work in the evening.
The work carried out included;
- CAT scan the area to check for underground electric or telecom services
- Breakering and excavation of factory floor, 30m2 in length
- Installation of reinforced mesh and ground cage to take the loads of the rail car and steel material
- Installation of high strength concrete and finishing
- Create a cable turnover point
The project was completed over 14 days, furthermore, it was delivered on time and within budget.
If you have any bespoke factory requirements Contact Us on 0844 586 7000
to discuss your project. No project is too big or small. We deal with specialised bespoke requirements to standard concrete machine bases. For further information on our construction and maintenance services visit: https://www.lavishgroup.co.uk/services/